MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Front-line customer service for all of our core member programs.
- Membership support: process dues payments, assist with membership changes and terminations, maintain member database, organize and maintain member files.
- Fiscal sponsorship program support: educate members about fundraising in the arts, process donations and fund release checks, review solicitation materials, process member Materials for the Arts and Costume Collection applications.
- Insurance program support: educate members about insurance in general and our plans specifically, assist members with applications and obtaining quotes, policies or certificates, process payments, renewals, terminations, and claims.
- Professional Development program support: assist members with online courses and international artist visas.
- Assist with outreach events in the NYC area for programs and advocacy efforts and carry out special projects as they arise.
- Assist Program Directors with program development, expansion and technical enhancements.
As well as a developer:
- Strong command of Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- Experience with Rails Engines, Rspec, Cucumber, and Git
- Understanding of good usability and what makes users go crazy
- Ability to read a support ticket that makes no sense at all and translate that into a deployed bug fix and a satisfied user.
Apply. I have it on good authority that they have a Wii room! And also they do valuable work for the arts community. Apply!