How I was keeping my mind clean this week:
- Classic words of democracy, set to music. I'm a dork.
- Basil Marceaux, who is really just this A Bit of Fry and Laurie sketch.
- Officials Say The Darndest Things, Pro Publica's new Tumblr.
- Koreans learning how to cuss. It's actually pretty cool because you learn how to translate cuss words, but you also learn what it's like for an immigrant to be cussed at right at the end.
- Beware: Hipsters.
- Jane Austen kicks ass.
- AT-AT's can be cute.
How I was keeping my mind fit this week:
- Financial reform affects Broadway and Off-Broadway fundraising, although Off-Off Broadway/Indy theaters will still just sell booze to people.
- My friend the costume designer puts out a list of things actors/actresses need in their closet.
Things to watch in the future:
- Ta-Nehisi Coates gets in on the Afghanistan/Rules of Engagement issue that I was talking about here. Oh, and Conflict Theater had a post on similar issues on the domestic front.
- There's a fight brewing in Iraq over Kurdistan selling oil to Iran. Although apparently it's less important than the Clinton wedding.
- ASCAP v. Creative Commons.