Too sporadic to make this feature dated, but here it is.
Thinking about values:
- The Value of College is (a) Growing (b) Flat (c) Falling (d) All of the above. An article that actually lives up to an over-bold headline, and a reminder that seemingly mutually exclusive facts can coexist.
- In what world is Yasmina Reza better than David Mamet or Tom Stoppard? In the world of Broadway Grosses.
- Createquity takes a look at KPMG, which recommended as part of a budget consult that Toronto eliminate its support for the arts.
The stalking-horse of failure:
- A Park Slope playwright is giving away all of his books and quitting writing, as part of the run of his final show. It attracts attention.
- The National Slavery Museum, which was supposed to open in 2004, has filed for bankruptcy, despite never having opened. Clearly that project was misled or mismanaged, but we really should build a national slavery museum.
- On a related note, Rick Perry literally tried to white-wash a disgusting bit of racial history on his property. Literally white-wash.
Also, you should check out the Lanford Wilson issue of Parabasis, if you haven't already.