- Credit cards mean less bills (the Mint didn't make any $10 bills last year!) and Coinstar means less coins.
- Many of our favorite hip-hop albums couldn't have happened in today's copyright environment.
- Chase issues man a check. Man goes into Chase to cash check. Man goes to jail, losing his job and his car. Chase finally apologizes.
- Remember that day that I rhapsodized the "dedication to silliness" that is Planking? Well, apparently that means I'm a racist.
- The Minnesota government shutdown that came and went meant beer was at risk.
More local color:
- State Senator Daniel Squadron has heard you bitching about the L train, and has issued a press release. Problem solved.
- Every once in a while you discover that your neighborhood used to have a renegade chemical weapons factory in it, and you frown.
- "It's no match for the great sword!"
- Local color literally, in the case of these Star Destroyers photoshopped expertly into paintings.
- And of course some crazy aerial maneuvers over Williamsburg.
Big changes in the arts world: