Saturday, September 22, 2012

POLITICS: Good Ad!



This ad season has been brutal. Ever since the primaries wrapped up, I feel like I've been watching a whole shit-ton of mass-produced, grave-voices-over-shocking-press-clips, formulaic ads. I didn't realize how much my distaste for political ads was from the fact that they're all exactly the same, except with the words rearranged.

So anyways, hat tip to State Supreme Court candidate Bridget Mary McCormack for leveraging connections to get this West Wing homage done. Ostensibly it's an ad to encourage people not to forget to vote for the non-partisan section of the ballot, but she gets her 30 seconds of self-promotion in at the middle. Whatever. The point is, I didn't feel like someone stole a few minutes of my life away from me.

That's what I miss about bonkers ads like Mike Gravel's:



Or even the bizarre ones Herman Cain put out.

Please! Obama and Romney! Or anyone else out there -- put a modicum of thought into your ads!