Thursday, November 12, 2009

Americans for the Arts + Emerging Arts Leaders

Hi everyone,

As you may know, the incomparable Ian Moss over at Createquity (which I have and will continue to contributed to) is one of the sharpest arts policy bloggers on the blogosphere. For instance, his updates on arts councils fundings is required reading for those of us who actually want to know what's going on in the arts community.

Well, Americans for the Arts is holding an election for an Emerging Leaders Council, and Ian Moss is on the ballot. If you're an Americans for the Arts member (which at the moment, I am not, although I plan to be when I get the chance), you should go here and vote. Even if you decide not to vote for Ian, go make your voice heard.

By the way, the concept of "emerging arts leaders" is being talked about so often everywhere that it kind of feels like a trope at this point. I kind of like that. Kudos to Americans for the Arts for making them a key part of the discussion.