Anyways, some bits and bobs that caught my eye while I was out:
Forming a community, whoever we are:
- I could have joined the Anti-Flirt Club back when that was a thing. And yes, it really was a thing.
- A great new Tumblr: This Is What A Scientist Looks Like. (Surprise: they look just like people).
- 99Seats at Parabasis wrote a great piece about how a good home makes a good play.
Except when you can't:
- Turns out that offering housing only to Hasidic Jews still counts as housing discrimination.
Tools for success:
- Using Excel as a playwriting tool. I kind of dig it.
- Site-specific means that you create the play for a space. Creating a work and presenting it in an non-traditional space is called "site-general."(h/t my colleague, Ben Lundberg).
- I'm giving SuperBetter.com a try -- it's supposed to make hitting personal growth goals fun and engaging. Sometimes the happiness and joy make me want to vomit.
Tools to de-stress:
- The excellent comic Wondermark had an engaging five-part comic about trying to make a wish when you know you're only going to get 1/5th of your wish. Starts here.
- I'm continuing on an MC Frontalot bender: