Strange tactics in intelligence:
The law and inventions collide:
- The Autopen.
- Apparently an "Ornamental design for a keyboard" is patentable, if you're Steve Jobs. If you're interested in finding out more, NPR's Planet Money podcast has the definitive story on the patent war.
- French broadcasters can't say "follow us on Twitter."
Possibly effective ways of doing things?:
- A human rights NGO takes human rights concerns to a company's shareholder meeting...with the endorsement of large numbers of shareholders.
- If you think you've gotten a rude response to your submission, you've got nothing on this.
- Merce Cunningham on your iPad!
- Normally I don't like cuts and closures, but the idea of having retail locations partner with the USPS to replace post offices may be a good thing.
- The CIA taught cats to say "I CAN HAZ STATE SCRETS?"
Things that surprise:
Things that suck:
- Jack Kirby doesn't own his own work. Unfortunately, Disney has a good legal grounding here, and it's not even at the crazy end of copyright law, but it still blows.