Friday, May 27, 2011

ORANGE HATS: An Interview with our Founder / Format Experiment

A little late to the link, but here's a feature on Ben Lundberg, and the Orange Hats. It's a good overview of who we are and what we do. Here's a taste:

As far as larger experiential observations, Lundberg noted: "I don't think I would have become as interested in this project if I wasn't inherently somebody who engaged in criticism a lot." Because of the fact that he archives others' responses immediately after a performance, Lundberg does not get to engage with his own feelings. "What's interesting," he said, "is that it gives me at least twenty minutes of pause where I'm not obsessed with what I think about a show, where that's not my main focus. I have to listen to [others' responses], because we ask questions...because we're trying to open a conversation, so I really have to be part of that conversation, even though I'm a silent part."


Also, Ben is trying out a new format for Blessed Unrest's ArtCamp SexyTime FootBall. In addition to our usual edited video, he has released the raw interviews (divided person-by-person) shot during the evening. I'd love to hear what people think of the difference between the edited video and the raw video; comments here or there!